INTERNATIONAL YACHT AND SHIP DESIGN SINCE 1989
Phone: 228-235-1881 * Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2014 Overing Yacht Designs All Rights Reserved
CONCEPTUAL DESIGN & PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
The initial step is generating a profile sketch. Establish the look and style of the vessel by incorporating the owner's comments and personal preferences. Often the new design is evolved out of one or a combination of our existing designs resulting in a new unique vessel.
OYD shall develop detailed arrangement plans and layouts of each deck. During this phase the following shall be identified and laid out.
- Structural bulkheads and watertight subdivisions shall be defined
- All watertight and weathertight doors and windows
- Preliminary joiner bulkheads and doors
- Major equipment including engines, reduction gears, shaft-lines, steering gear, generators, etc.
- Accommodation spaces and common areas
- Galley arrangement
- Preliminary anchor handling arrangement and equipment
- Preliminary tank arrangement and capacities
Develop preliminary specifications. This is the initial draft of the contract specifications detailing all of the disciplines of the vessel in complete detail. This is generally a 50 to 150 page document depending on the size and complexity of the vessel.
Tough, luxurious megayachts built like small ships